The Fiction Corner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Fiction Corner

Do you write? Fiction? Poetry? Original Fiction?

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

That should be Me ( one shot )

Go down 
AuthorMessage
tjangel

tjangel

That should be Me ( one shot )  Empty
PostSubject: That should be Me ( one shot )    That should be Me ( one shot )  EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 8:10 am

That should be me
( inspired by the song by Justin Bieber and Rascal flats .)
thanks to Desiree ( my daughter for making me watch the video ….damn her!)
rating : PG
DISCLAIMER
This is piece of writing is a work of FICTION. I am making no monery gain from this piece of fiction. It was written purely for entertainment purposes. All celebrity figures within this story belong to themselves. All o/c's belong to me and are a work of my imagination. All lyrics used belong to the artists who write and perform them.

I am in no way claiming that I know any of the celebrities within this piece of fiction. The storyline has been written from my mind, and in no way does it feature any real events.

There is violence, and anger and sexual situations mentioned in this fiction - so if you are offended by such material, or are under the years of 18 please press your back button right now. Otherwise, I hope that you will enjoy.

Jeff’s pov

I sat here in my lonely house thinking about her. The one I let get away. Everyone told me to just let her go but I couldn’t
It was my fault we parted ways . she tried telling me one of our mutual friends was after me but I did not believe her . I slept with her only to regret it later.

I heard that Jada found someone new but I had hopes that she didn’t I still loved her . I would always love her she was the mother to my little girl this was killing me .
My dad was watching our daughter so I could have a break from it all she was everywhere in the house …
Then I saw her … she was with someone but she did not look truly happy. I would love to say I was sorry but she would not talk to me .
I only saw her now when I got Jacie, our daughter.

I sat there watching how this man groped her. I saw how she pulled away telling him she was not ready for that. It gave me hope..
I sat there as long as I could ,watching and waiting but I could not stay there all night Jacie needed me .
I know people were telling her that I moved on which I hadn’t
Even Lisa the one I slept with that one time. .

I went home heavy hearted , I peeked over into my daughter’s crib looking at her this little bundle of joy that we created smiling as I covered her up… I thought back to the night she was delivered how much joy we felt only to come to this 5 months later.
I turned and walked out leaving my daughter to sleep.

As I walked to my room that I once shared with her I turned the radio on something to listen to .. when I heard a song… it was the song ‘ That should have been me ‘ By Justin Bieber and Rascal Flats . I knew both of them .

I did not care for all of Justin’s songs but he was a cool kid . I looked over at Dad’s wondering if she heard the song also…
The song spoke to me like no other song did .
Then I heard they were here in North Carolina doing a charity show.
I picked up the phone calling Gary, the lead singer of Rascal Flats asking him to help.
He said he would be delight to bring us back together. But I had to come and see him.
I got up off of my bed then walking to pick up my daughter only to leave the house to go to the hotel room they were staying at.

Joe Don let me in “ hey Jeff how is it going ?”
I shrugged” not good man. I messed up with Jada but I think you and the bad can fix it”
Justin walked in with smiles “ we can Gary told me . what happen I will turn on my charm.” Laughing.
I laughed for the first time in weeks “ I don’t doubt it”

The following night

I saw her sitting at the bar with the same fool doing the same thing pulling away.
Justin followed my glaze” she is very pretty this is going to be so easy”
Matt and Shannon looked over at me “ what are you going to do? She does not want you back”

Shannon’s wife Julie spoke up” she does , she is extremely hurt by what he done..”
I sat and watched as the man went to the restroom , how she looked it broke my heart to see the tears fall out of her eyes.
I looked back at the band who smiled and mouthed “ it will be o.k. “

They started playing the song but Gary spoke up “ this is for all of the people that did wrong … this does not make up for what they done but they are truly sorry and want to make a second attempt at your love again… this is dedicated to Jada Harper from someone that said sorry in so many ways trust him , trust the love you had to heal this rip so you don’t have to say…”

(Verse 1)
Everybody's laughing in my mind
Rumors spreadin' 'bout this other guy
Do you do what you did when you did with me,
Does he love you the way I can?
Did you forget all the mem's that you made with me
Cause baby I didn't
(Chorus)
That should be me holding your hand
That should be me making you laugh
That should be me this is so sad
That should be me that should be me
That should be me feeling your kiss
That should be me buying you gifts
This is so wrong
I can't go on
'Till you believe that
That should be me
That should be me
(Verse 2)
You said you needed a little time for my mistakes
It's funny how you used that time to have me replaced
Did you think that I wouldn't see you out at the movies
What you doin' to me
You're taking him where we used to go
Now if you're tryin' to break my heart
It's working cause you know that
(Chorus)

This is so wrong
I can't go on
'Till you believe
That should be me
(Bridge)
I need to know should I fight for love
Or disarm
It's getting harder to shield
It's breaking my heart
Ooooh
This is so wrong
I can't go on
'Till you believe
That that should be me
(Holding your hand)
That should be me
(The one making you laugh (oh baby oh))
That should be me
That should be me
(Giving you flowers)
That should be me
(Talking for hours oh)
That should be me
That should be me
That should be me
Never should've let you go
I never should've let you go
That should be me
I never should've let you go
That should be me

I watched as she turned looking for me . I tried to smile but month of her not being beside me caused the tears I kept at bay to flow.
It came to a part where Justin really belts out a tune he walked over to her giving her the roses I picked up I need to know should I fight for love
Or disarm
It's getting harder to shield
It's breaking my heart

I smiled as she accepted them then I saw what Justin mouthed .
She came over to my table “ I believe , I know you are sorry but seeing you with her killed something inside of me … I will try but I don’t know if I can truly trust again. “
I stood up and spoke softly “ who’s the guy?”
She snickered” someone I work with …. We are just having drinks but I don’t feel like partying”
I pulled her in my arms as I held up my thumb up letting my musical friends know they helped in a way I could never do .

Months later
We were still working on our relationship but I knew I still fought for the love I had and lost and I would never take anything for granted anymore… now when we hear the song we dance to it and think our lucky stars we found our way back to each other instead of us saying ' that should be me '

The end.

* something that came to me while watching the video*
Back to top Go down

That should be Me ( one shot )
Page 1 of 1