The Fiction Corner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Fiction Corner

Do you write? Fiction? Poetry? Original Fiction?

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Through The Glass *COMPLETED*

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mistress Angie

Mistress Angie

Through The Glass *COMPLETED* Empty
PostSubject: Through The Glass *COMPLETED*   Through The Glass *COMPLETED* EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 6:38 pm

Disclaimer:

I don't know or own any member of the band, their family, friends, colleagues, acquaintances, or anyone else they may know or have ever dealt with. I make no profit from this. I don't own Iowa, or any other place mentioned in this fic. This is a work of pure fiction and there is no truth, to the best of my knowledge, in anything contained in this fic. It is purely a work of imagination and adoration and is intended to be read as such. I make no profit from this in any way, shape, form or fashion.

The main character, her life, experiences, thoughts, ideas are solely of my own imagination. If anything like this has ever happened I assure you it is purely coincidental. Personalities may not be perfectly accurate. That is why it's called FICTION. This fic is Rated X for language and emotional/mental abuse. Enjoy!

Back to top Go down
Mistress Angie

Mistress Angie

PostSubject: Through The Glass * 1 *   Through The Glass *COMPLETED* EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 6:39 pm

I'm not what people perceive me to be. I hate "pretending" to be something I'm not but for now it's my only option. In order to keep my prude parents happy, keep them paying my tuition, and keeping a roof over my head I have to pretend to be this person. Oh God there's a whole other person inside me just dying to get out. Dying to show the world the real me. Looking into the mirror I sigh. I look so fake, so plastic.

Ever since I was a little girl my parents have pushed me to be what they wanted me to be, what they perceived I should be. I'm competing with their friends' children for honors, awards, and all that superficial bullshit and I don't even want to be. I'm studying shit at the University that I couldn't give 2 shits about and I generally couldn't be any unhappier with my life if God hated my very existence. Which I'm sure he does.

"Pumpkin are you ready?" I heard my father yell from the downstairs foyer

"Coming, Daddy!" I cheerfully yell back

God strike me dead now.

With one last glance in the mirror I see the plastic doll I've become: Through The Glass *COMPLETED* Pic451947dc8b2a2 with Through The Glass *COMPLETED* HONEY25

My make-up was uber-conservative and my long strawberry blond hair was up in a pile at the top of my head by the stylist my mother had hired. I was to look perfect and they went to great lengths to make sure I did. Long ago I realized I wasn't their daughter, just a doll they used to play dress up and house with. That realization hurt more than almost anything. My feelings never mattered nor did what I want.

"Honey you look beautiful." My father stated giving me a once over

"Let's go!" Mother stated from the walkway outside

I dutifully followed them out to the limo that had been rented for the evening. We were headed to some snotty charity event for some obscure charity that my parents were ape-shit about. The long ride was spent with them talking about the latest achievements by their "friends" children at the University and then criticizing me for not keeping up. I wanted to crawl under a rock and die.

When we arrived we were ushered to a table where 5 guys were sitting. There were only 3 seats left and I guess they'd been reserved for us. The 5 guys looked as uncomfortable as I felt and I gave them a meek smile. They weren't as "dressed up" as most of the other people here and I could tattoos on the necks of at least 2 of them. They intrigued me. Who'd get their neck tattooed? What did they do for a living that afforded them that luxury? I'm so pathetic, I'm envious of them and I don't even know them!

"Savannah, your mother and I are going to mingle. Will you be alright by yourself?" Father asked

"Yes Daddy, I'll be fine." I smiled sweetly at him

The guys at our table just watched. When my parents left I let out a loud sigh. One guy cocked his eyebrow at me and I gave him a meek smile. Why couldn't I have stayed at home? What the hell was the point of me being here? I watched all the people walking around and "smoozing" as my Father so delicately put it. It made me sick.

"Savannah? That's a pretty name." One of the guys suddenly stated, bringing me out of my self-loathing

"Um, thanks." I replied

"I'm James." The voice responded

"It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance." I dutifully replied, giving him the best smile I could muster

"You're a stuck up bitch." His blond friend blurted out

"COREY!" One of the others replied, "I'm sorry about that. He hates these damned events."

"I know the feeling...." I mumbled, looking away from the group

Sighing again I wished I were somewhere else. At home perhaps studying the subjects I hated so much.

"You're just like them: fake and stuck up and snotty." The blond who I guess was named Corey stated again

"I'm sorry you feel that way. I'm really sorry that's what you see when you look at me." I replied, looking him in the eye and then sighing

Dear Lord this is gonna be a long night! Some of my college "friends" came by to chat about shit I couldn't care less about while I tried to fake interest. They looked down upon the guys that I was seated with which sparked more intrigue about them for me. When they left silence fell over the table.

"Told you, you were a fake, stuck up snotty bitch." Corey replied, this time bringing tears to my eyes

I tried to hide my trembling lip but I'm sure at least of his friends noticed as they were soon whispering to one another. Great. I'm stuck at some stupid charity bullshit with people who hate me for no reason because I'm being forced to act like someone I'm not. My life sucks. I probably would have commited suicide several years ago but my Mother would do the same just to haunt my ghost constantly telling me how much shame I'd brought to our family. Bitch.

My parents finally returned to our table as the food was delivered. Ugh, fish. I hate fish. And worse I'm allergic to half of it. Since I didn't know what sort of fish it was, I refused to eat. Then she started.

"Savannah you need to eat." Mother stated

"It's fish." I replied

"I don't care if you don't like it. Eat it. We paid good money for this fish." She said, anger seeping into my voice

"I don't know what type of fish this is." I debated

"I'm not debating this with you young lady! Now eat." She retorted

"Mother..." I started trying to explain things to her in a calm manner

"Do as your mother said. This is not up for debate." My Father finally piped up

So I picked at it, avoiding actually eating any of it, until I could flag the waiter down. Half an hour later he finally emerged and I got the chance to ask him what kind of fish had been served.

"It's salt-water fish. That's all I know." He stated, giving me a sad look

"I can't eat this, Mother." I stated defensively

"And why the hell not?! Because you don't like it? Tough, I said eat, now eat!" She yelled at me, in front of these 5 strangers.

I wanted to crawl under the damn table. I'm 20 years old for heaven's sake and my parents don't even know what I'm allergic to! Sighing heavily I pushed the food on my plate around until the waiter came back by again to take everyone's plate. Shortly thereafter my parents got up to "go mingle" again leaving me with 5 strangers.

"What was that about?" This bald guy with a long red beard asked

"I'm sorry about that. They don't usually yell like that in public." I apologized

"Ha-ha." Corey laughed

"I'm Shaun." The bald guy stated

"It's a pleasure." I replied giving him the friendliest smile I could muster

"So what was that all about?" James questioned

"I'm severly allergic to salt water fish." I quietly responded

"Oh." A few of them replied

We sat in silence for a while. I tried my best to ignore the men at my table but I felt eyes upon me. It doesn't matter, they'll forget me by the time they get home anyways so what does one guy's opinion matter?
Back to top Go down
Mistress Angie

Mistress Angie

PostSubject: Through The Glass * 2 *   Through The Glass *COMPLETED* EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 6:51 pm

Several weeks had passed since that stupid charity event and I had all but forgotten about those 5 guys. So here I was sitting in class doing my best to pay attention. Suddenly the intercom crackled above our heads and we all heard:

"Savannah Monroe come to the Dean's office right away. Savannah Monroe."

Everyone turned to look at me and I felt the heat rise to my cheeks. I'd never been called into the Dean's office before I was suddenly very terrified. My professor told me to gather my things and hurry on my way. The student next to me promised she'd email the notes she took as I quickly shoved my things back into my bag. Once I'd reached my destination I headed into the bathroom to make sure I looked ok:

Through The Glass *COMPLETED* 313FYN5iKgL_AA280_ with Through The Glass *COMPLETED* On696730-01qlv01 and Through The Glass *COMPLETED* SYSTEM12-QU-2T

My hair was in what my Mother called a "professional updo" and naturally conservative make up. Feeling that I was presentable, I picked up my bag and walked to the Dean's secretary. Apparently there were a few other students awaiting to see the Dean. Students that I'd never think would be here. Were we all in trouble? Suddenly the Dean's door opened.

"Savannah, Miranda, Jon, Eric, and... Paul. Please come in." We heard a deep voice exclaim.

Looking at one another we quickly got up and walked into the office. There was about 8 other people, not including the Dean, in the office too so we were pretty squished. When I started looking around I realized that 5 of those bodies belonged to the 5 guys that I was sitting with at the charity event! The Dean proceeded in telling us that this band's record label was reaching out to colleges in an effort to promote higher education and art and that since we were the top 5 students in the whole school we had been chosen. We'd be on tour with this band for a whole year and that our courses had been modified to allow us to continue while out on the road.

I was more than nervous at the prospect of being with these guys for an extended amount of time, especially having to be around Corey. The Dean explained that we were leaving tonight, our parents had already been notified and that we were being given the rest of the day to pack. The band members were going to go around with us "so we can start to get to know one another". I swallowed hard, praying with all my might that I wasn't going to be stuck with Corey. We were dismissed and we piled out of the office.

"Shawn, you're with Savannah. Corey you're with Eric. James you're with Miranda. Josh you're with Paul and Roy you're with Jon." Some guy in a very expensive business suit stated, talking more with the band than us.

The 5 of us sort of stood around unsure of what to do. Someone then started the formal introductions, the band to us of course, so we had to introduce ourselves to them too.

"Well Savannah we should probably get going." Shawn smiled warmly at me

I returned his smile and nodded. He followed me silently outside. I wasn't quite sure if they had their own ride so I turned and asked him if he had a problem with me calling a cab. He said no so I dialed the number and we waited in silence. I didn't know anything about them and felt really out of place. After 45 minutes of driving from the University and a long & winding driveway we finally pulled up:

Through The Glass *COMPLETED* 138375-418412-1UTL6CH90A

Through The Glass *COMPLETED* 138375-420222-1OE5OQJ39L

Shawn gasped as we got out and I blushed. Opening up the door, I called out for my parents but received no answer. Sighing I took my guest on a tour of our home. When we made it to the kitchen I found a note on the fridge:

[blockquote]'Savannah,

Had to take an emergency meeting in France. Enjoy your time on this project with the University.

Father'
[/blockquote]

Apparently they didn't realize this was a year long endeavor. Sighing again I continued on the tour of the massive mansion I lived at. Shawn couldn't quit gushing about what an amazing home I had but I just shook my head. Once I'd shown him as much I wanted to, we headed upstairs to the third floor where my bedroom was located. Yes, there are 3 actual floors to this place, not including the basement and attic. I dug out 2 large suitcases and began filling them. Shawn was kind enough to give me pointers on what I should bring and I thanked him for his help.

Once I was all packed up, including my laptop case that housed the laptop and all it's accessories, we headed back downstairs. He asked me if I was ready and I looked around to make sure I hadn't forgotten anything. Taking a deep breath I nodded yes and he helped me take my bags outside. I still had to go by my dormitory to pick up my books which made him smile. I called for Henry, my parents personal driver, to take us back.

"Your family must be fucking loaded." Shawn stated on the way back to the University

"Yeah my parents are quite wealthy. Apparently they have a great business sense." I quietly replied

"What about you?" He asked, his attempt at getting to know me

"Not me. I have no taste nor sense for business." I sadly stated

"Aren't you studying that, though?" He asked curiously

"Unfortunately. It's what my parents think is best for me." I sighed, staring out the window

My last statement seemed to make him think so we spent the rest of the ride in silence. The busses we were taking were already there so Shawn took care of my bags while I went to gather my books, notes, and stuff for my studies. It took me maybe 20 minutes to gather up all I needed, including the extra materials a few of my Professors had dropped off for me after I left. Having the rolling cart with all my school things in it, I headed outside to meet up with everyone else. Apparently we were the only ones ready, which suprised us greatly considering the distance we had to drive both ways and the extensive tour of my home, besides James and Miranda.

I was friendly with the other 4 although we never got the chance to do anything fun since we were always stuck in our studies. Maybe this was my chance to come out of my shell! Miranda and I were casually chatting about our studies when the rest of the group finally made it. Their tour manager, Danny, gave us our bus assignments.

"Shawn, Corey, and James will be on bus 1 with Miranda and Savannah. Josh and Roy will be on bus 2 with Eric, Paul and Jon. If everyone is ready we can hit the road." Danny stated

We loaded our bags into the respective busses and boarded. Shawn gave Miranda and I the "grand tour" of our temporary new home, although he kept making little jokes about what I was leaving here and what I'd just acquired to go on tour. Miranda seemed confused but his jokes weren't lost on me and I had to laugh softly. When we were done, because these busses were damn small compared to the mansion I'm accustomed to, we headed up front where James and Corey sat. Boy was it uncomfortable to!
Back to top Go down
Mistress Angie

Mistress Angie

PostSubject: Through The Glass * 3 *   Through The Glass *COMPLETED* EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 6:58 pm

We had fallen into an uncomfortable silence as we drove down the interstate. I wanted to crawl into my bed chamber but that was bad manners so I diligently abstained from doing so. My God even in my thoughts I sound like a prude! I sighed knowing that I really didn't fit in with these guys and their lifestyle at all. Corey was right, I am a stuck up and fake. It makes me want to cry. James asked a question which got Miranda to open up a little bit.

She and I were not that different. Both our parents were super rich and stuck up, and both our parents are forcing what they want us to be, do, talk like, dress like, etc, etc on us. I'm not even sure I'd know how to be "individualistic" if I tried. I sighed again. What would my parents think if they knew how depressed they made me? Probably cram pill after pill down my throat to make me "perfect". Idiots. Yeah, I'm a prude, I don't cuss either.

"So Savannah.... have you ever travelled before?" I suddenly heard James ask me

"Oh sure!" I replied as cheerfully as I could

"Of course she has, Jim. She's a stuck up rich girl." Corey spat

I sank lower in my seat and sighed. Doesn't he know I get it?

"Corey... seriously dude we don't need this shit the whole damn tour." Shawn stated, sticking up for me

"I know I'm a prude. I know I'm what you so delicately call a "rich girl". I know I don't belong here." I quietly stated, staring a hole through him

Everyone got quiet. Miranda looked at me like I had put to words exactly how she felt and gave a sad, knowing smile.

"Doesn't mean your not fake." He icily spat at me

"I know I'm fake but not in the way you have so painfully made clear you believe I am." I replied getting up and walking to my bed chamber.

Why does God hate me so? What have I ever done to deserve this? My parents only "love" me when I do something that either pleases them or shows up their "friends" kids. I'm stuck in a lifestyle I hate, I dress in fashion I hate, I have "friends" that I hate, I can't listen to anything I want to listen to. Hell I'm 20 years old and honestly have no damned clue who I am. How pathetic is that?

I turned my laptop on to check my school email and my bank account. The notes my classmate took for me was already waiting and I sighed with relief. I had plenty of money in my bank account and decided that the next opportunity I got to go shopping I was going to buy something nice for myself. Or something "devious" as my Mother would put it. Oooooohhh she'd freakin kill me if I came home with a tattoo!

"Savannah?" I heard someone call out

"Yes?" I replied, sticking my head out of my bunk to see who was talking to me

"Corey's in his bunk "taking a nap". Want to play cards with Shawn, Miranda and me?" James asked, smiling sweetly at me

"Um, ok." I shyly replied

"Cool. We'll teach you ladies how to play poker." He exclaimed with an evil laugh which made me laugh

"You're funny." I remarked as we made our way up front

He simply smiled at me as I got settled at the fold-down kitchen table. Apparently I was going to sit next to him since Shawn and Miranda were already sitting next to one another. James offered me a drink, which I gladly took some Orange Juice, and then sat down next to me. Shawn started explaining how to play Texas Hold 'Em to Miranda and myself. It was a bit confusing but James said he'd help me. I smiled at him and then blushed.

So a couple hours later, man time really does fly when you ARE having fun, the busses came to a stop in front of IHOP. We all deboarded, except for James who was "waking up" Corey. Roy asked Miranda and I how we were getting along. Miranda giggled and said that James & Shawn were teaching us to play poker. Roy made me laugh when he wiggled his eyebrows at us.

We made our way into the restaraunt and found that I was situated in between Roy and Jon. James was sitting across from me and Corey was on his left. He never failed to make me feel like an outcast and I quickly excused myself. I headed back to the bus and crawled into my bed chamber and shut the curtain. I know when I'm not wanted and I won't stay around people who don't want me there. How the hell am I going to make it through the next 12 months?

Back to top Go down
Kricket

Kricket

PostSubject: Re: Through The Glass *COMPLETED*   Through The Glass *COMPLETED* EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 7:07 pm

Why te hell doesn't she slap the little prick?
Back to top Go down
http://snathaid-mhor.deviantart.com/
Mistress Angie

Mistress Angie

PostSubject: Through The Glass * 4 *   Through The Glass *COMPLETED* EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 7:22 pm

Here I was laying in my bed chamber trying not to cry. How can I make him not hate me? How can I fit in with these people who are so much more different than me? Why the hell was I cursed with this life? Sighing I decided to work on my studies. Maybe my hatred of that will make me forget my hatred of everything else! I slid out of my bed chamber carefully and grabbed my rolling cart of school supplies.

Sitting back down at the kitchen table, I got my books out and began reading what I was reading when I was called to the Dean's office. 10 minutes later I realized that I had read the same 2 sentences about a dozen times and sighed.

"You sigh alot." I heard a deep voice exclaim

Looking up I was shocked to see Corey.

"I'm sorry if I'm bothering you. I'll go back to my bed." I stated, hastily grabbing my stuff

He grabbed ahold of my hand making me stop dead in my tracks. Was he about to hit me? Kiss me? Push me down? My heart was beating faster all of a sudden. He let go and helped me gather up my stuff and then asked me to follow him to the back. I did as he asked, not used to this side of him, and found a seat on a black loveseat. He cautiously handed all my things back to me and sat down next to me. After shutting the door, of course.

"What are you studying?" He asked, voice cool and calm

"Business." I quietly replied

"You don't sound excited about it." He stated, turning his body so that he was facing me

"My parents think it's what's best for me." I replied, unable to look at him

"You don't want to study business?" He inquired

"No. I have no desire or sense for it like my parents do." I sighed

"Told ya, you sigh alot." He remarked, "Then why don't you study something else?"

"My parents pay my tuition so I study what they want me to study." I stated unhappily

"Well your life shouldn't be about what they want. It's YOUR life, live it the way you want to." He responded

"Yeah it's just that simple!" I sarcastically replied

He chuckled. Guess he likes my sarcasm. I sighed again thinking about my life. Man I'm pathetic. Wait, Corey's really quiet. I look over to see him staring at me intently. I raise my eyebrow at him which makes him smile. Man he's got an amazing smile!

"Explain to me what you meant earlier." He quietly said

"What do you mean?" I ask, knowing full well what he was referring to

"The remark you made about knowing your fake but not in the way I think. Explain." He urged

Sighing, yet again, I asked him if he ever felt like there was a whole other person inside. Him nodding his head at me was encouragement for me to go on. So I told him how I felt. How I didn't seem to fit in with my parents' rich lifestyle. Even how I didn't really fit in with my "friends" at school because they loved the richy rich life we lived but I didn't. I told him how I didn't seem to fit in anywhere because I couldn't be myself. On top of all that..... I even confessed that I wasn't even sure who the hell I was because I was always being the person my parents wanted me to be.

Amazingly he just sat there listening to me. He then said I should go listen to 'Zzyxz Road' and
'Bother'
. What was even more amazing was that he said he was sorry for the way he had been treating me and hoped we could hang out sometime. I wasn't quite sure what that meant but I agreed regradless. He got up to leave but then turned around as he got to the door.

"If your not really happy with your life, do something about it." He said, giving me a sad smile

Yeah right! It wasn't as fucking easy as he thought it was! Does he NOT remember the whole fish-thing with my mother at that stupid event? She wouldn't listen to me at all and if she had force-fed me I'd have gone to the hospital, and hopefully not died before then! Ugh, the man had a point though. I'm not happy and the only one who'll ever change that is ultimately me. The first step is to not be a coward when it comes to my parents. But that's one hell of a mountain to climb.

Bah, back to my studies. There will be plenty of time to reflect later. If I don't pass these blasted courses my Mother will have a fit. It took a while for me to really start focusing but when I did everything else slipped to the back of my mind. I was so caught up in my studies I didn't hear the knock at the door, the door squeeking open, or feel the body sit down next to me. Hell I didn't even feel the finger poke my shoulder!

"Savannah?" A deep male voice suddenly burst into my head

"HUH?!" I exclaimed, jumping slightly and dropping all my papers on the floor

"I'm so sorry! I just came back to tell you we've stopped for dinner." James stated, bending down to help me pick up my papers

"No, it's my fault. I wasn't paying attention." I replied, standing up and discovering his was just a few inches from me, "Um thanks for helping me pick up the mess."

"It's my pleasure." He quietly replied, smiling down at me

Setting my papers down in my book I cautiously walked around him and off the bus. Much to my suprise we'd stopped at a "one of those places", as my mother so lightly put it, known to most everyone else as a "fast food" place. I'd never been in one and most of my college colleague apparently hadn't either. Shawn chuckled, understanding our dilema. Taking a deep breath I walked to the counter and ordered a meal. Miranda was next, having ordered almost the same thing I did.

"Thanks. We're all so lost with these 'real' people, ya know?" She stated as we filled the plastic glasses we'd been given

"I know. I think most of our meals will be at these type of places." I whispered as we found ourselves a table.

"I'm not sure I'll ever be able to eat Caviar again." She laughed

"Guess I'm lucky to be allergic to fish!" I laughed, making her laugh too

"Why's that?" Corey asked sitting down next to Miranda

"We were talking about Caviar." I shyly replied

"Well I for one have never understood the appeal." He replied, giving me a friendly smile

"Me either." Miranda and I simultaneously replied making us all laugh

Shawn and James brought mine and Miranda's food to us, much to our suprise, while the rest of our happy group settled in around us. Thankfully this time I actually got to enjoy my meal, although it was not what I was expecting "fast food" to be like. Come to think of it, I'm not even sure what I expected fast food to be like. Jon was talking about his law studies and got into some weird debate with Josh. Miranda and I stayed silent sort of taking things in.

Once we were back on the bus, settled in the 'front lounge', and speeding down the highway again Shawn asked if we wanted to play more poker. Miranda and I agreed and even Corey said he'd play. Since there was 5 of us we decided to sit on the floor. Well the guys sat on the floor, Miranda and I sat on the 2 couches. Shawn shuffled while James & Corey started talking about something I had no clue about.
Back to top Go down
Mistress Angie

Mistress Angie

PostSubject: Through The Glass * 5 *   Through The Glass *COMPLETED* EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 7:24 pm

A/N: This will probably be kinda short. As I was heading to bed last night I figured out where I wanted this to go and most of the really exciting stuff will be in the sequel. This is more like the prelude. I hope you enjoy this!

As the 5 of us played Texas Hold 'Em I discovered I was actually having a good time. That was a first for me. The guys were telling us stories of life on the road which made Miranda and I kind of nervous. We weren't used to not showering for weeks on end and I was starting to doubt if we'd actually be able to make it!

This game came down to Shawn and myself, which I think suprised all of us since this was only the second game I'd ever played, and he eyed me suspiciously.... in a playful way. All the bets were in and the last card had been turned up. It was Shawn's turn to be and he pushed all in. With a blank face and staring at the bearded man I pushed all my chips in. He smirked at me until I turned my cards over. He had a flush while I got what was an Ace-high straight flush. From what Corey explained that was quite a hard hand to get!

"Son of a.......!" Shawn exclaimed, throwing his cards down

"Sorry." I stated, trying not to laugh

"That was a helluva hand. No need to apologize." Shawn replied, giving me a warm smile

"Are you sure you've never played Hold 'Em before?" James questioned, amusement dancing in his dark eyes

"I'm sure." I retorted defensively

My cell started ringing so I excused myself from the group to go answer it. Father's name was flashing on my caller ID.

"Hello Father." I replied

"Hello Savannah. Your mother and I were just informed that this is a year long project." He stated, getting right down to business

"Yes it is. Will that be a problem for you and Mother?" I questioned

"Not at all. We're sending Dominick to stay with your Grandparents until you return." He replied

"Until I return? I don't understand, Father." I stated

"Your Mother and I will be indisposed until about 4 months after you return. You'll be taking care of him until our return." He explained

"Oh, ok." Was all I could really say

"The house will be maintained during your absence and after your return. All you will have to do is look after Dominick." Father went on to explain

"I see. Will I have any other responsibilities, Father?" I questioned

"I don't believe so but if things change you will be notified as soon as possible. I have to go now. Take care, Savannah." He said befor he hung up without so much as telling me he loves me or giving me the chance to reply

Sitting on the couch in the back lounge where I had gone to take this call I sighed. So they're going to be gone the whole time I'm gone and leaving their 1 year old son with his Grandparents for the whole year. On top of that I'm expected to look after him when I return and not only keep my status in the top 5 in the school but look after him as well. This is just another way for them to control my life! I sighed again and laid down on my right side and closed my eyes.

I was woken up by someone gently shaking my shoulder. Opening my eyes I found Corey kneeling down and smiling at me. He said we'd stopped for dinner. Smiling up at him and sat up and slipped back into my shoes. I followed him off the bus and into the fast food joint. Corey and I were the last to order and he let me go first. Wasn't he such a gentleman? It didn't take my food long to be prepared and by the time I'd filled my plastic glass it was ready. Not feeling very socialable, I sat at a table by myself.

There was alot on my mind and all I wanted was to be alone. Corey was about to sit with me until Jon called him over to sit with them. Why was I letting my parents make all my decisions? Why were they treating Dominick and I like employees instead of their children? Why were they trapesing all over and leaving me in charge of the kid when I have no experience with children at all? Usually if they go out of town they hire a nanny to look after him. Realizing I hadn't eating but maybe 2 bites of my hamburger, I wrapped it up and headed back to the bus. I put it in the miniature refridgerator and cautiously crawled into my bed chamber. Something has to give at some point.

Why is it when ever I think I'm making some sort of progress my parents somehow swoop in and squash it like a bloody bug? My curtain was closed and securely fashioned so that noone would bother me. I just wanted to be alone. How did my parents expect me to keep up with a toddler and stay on top of my studies like they wanted me too? Would I be able to hire a nanny to watch him for me? Sighing I felt the tears well up in my eyes as my world suddenly started feeling like it was closing in on me.
Back to top Go down
Mistress Angie

Mistress Angie

PostSubject: Through The Glass * 6 *   Through The Glass *COMPLETED* EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 7:25 pm

A/N: This will probably be kinda short. As I was heading to bed last night I figured out where I wanted this to go and most of the really exciting stuff will be in the sequel. This is more like the prelude. I hope you enjoy this!

I was sitting in the front lounge as we got to one of the arenas the band was playing at. They were doing their "sound check", whatever that meant, and the rest of my college cohorts were watching them. I opted to stay on the bus. Which I realized I was doing alot of lately. Distancing myself from everyone around me, staying in my bed chamber if we were traveling, or on the bus if we weren't. Sighing again only added to the perception that I was depressed.

"Savannah?" I heard someone quietly ask

"Hmm? Oh, hi Shawn." I replied when I looked up

"Are you ok?" He questioned, sitting down next to me once I sat up and gave him room

"Yeah why?" I asked

"We're all concerned about you. Since the phone call 2 weeks ago you've been kind of isolating yourself from everyone." He stated

"Just got alot on my mind, I guess." I quietly retorted

"Care to share?" I heard Corey ask from the doorway to the stairs

"Um, not really." I whispered

"You know if you ever want to talk about stuff any one of us are more than willing to listen, right?" He replied

"Thanks." I stated as everyone came back and was chatting animatedly

I took the opportunity to slip back into my bed chamber. Why couldn't I be as happy as they are? Carefree, happy, not suffocating in their own lives?! What exactly had I done to deserve the way my parents treated me? Oh Lord speaking of my parents.... here they are calling again.

"Hello Mother." I cheerfully stated

"Savannah, your Grandparents are leaving in 6 months on a year long trip through Africa. You're going to have to cut this trip short." Mother started in

"Mother no! I'm learning alot here." I exclaimed

"This isn't up for debate. We don't have anyone else who can take care of Dominick!" She hastily retaliated

"Why don't you take him with you? I mean he is your son!!" I angrily stated

"How dare you take that tone with me, young lady! Your Father and I are busy building your and your brother's futures!" She angrily replied

"No, your busy going all over the world leaving me and him in the care of other people." I replied, tears filling my eyes

"I don't believe what I'm hearing! You are the most ungrateful little snot I've ever come across! Your father and I bust our butts trying to give you kids the best of the best and this is how you treat us?" She yelled through the phone

Suddenly I heard what sounded like shuffling and then my Father was on the phone.

"Savannah, you're coming home in 6 months to take care of Dominick. Do you understand? This is not negotiable." He stated with a bit of finality in his voice

"Yes Father." I replied, tears silently streaking down my face

He hung up promptly and I rolled over and let the tears fall. How the hell was I supposed to get through this? The only people I'd ever considered real friends are a rock band that I was being ripped away from in 6 months' time. I needed a change. My major at the University was going to be the start. Then I'm going shopping for some new clothes and perhaps a new hairstyle. I'll teach that witch to treat me like a damned employee she can manipulate any time she pleases!

"Savannah?" I heard Miranda ask

I opened my curtain so we could talk

"The guys have some interviews and stuff to do and I was wondering if you wanted to the local mall with me." She asked

"That sounds perfect! I was thinking about going anyway." I replied, giving her a warm smile

"Fantastic!" She exclaimed, grinning back at me

Corey and James were sitting up front and seemed pleased when Miranda told them she and I were heading to the mall. She asked me what was wrong and then stated that she knew something was up. Sighing I turned to her and asked if she ever felt like she didn't belong in the lifestyle we were born into. She sheepishly nodded so I went on. I told her all about me and my relationship with my parents. Then I told her about what was up with Dominick and how I was leaving in 6 months because of my parents. She pouted saying she didn't want me to go but understood. We promised to keep in touch after I left.

I told her what I was planning and she even suggested I make a whole new bank account somewhere that my parents couldn't access and have the money from the account they'd set up for me transferred over so that when I was ready to make my "escape", I'd have some cash to do what I needed. I smiled and thanked her for her suggestion as we started talking about what I should do with my hair. Something drastic was what I wanted but she stated I should do something subtle that they won't recognize. Then when I finally leave I can do it drastic so they won't recognize me. Damn this girl was smart!

Miranda and I had a blast going through the mall. I'd basically picked up a new wardrobe as well as some CDs that had been recommended by 5 certain gentlemen. The more Miranda and I spent time together the more I liked her. She had quite the sense of humor and was really smart. As we were walking around we ran into Jon and Paul. We started chatting about random stuff as we walked around. When it got closer to the concert, we decided to head back so we could catch the show.
Back to top Go down
Mistress Angie

Mistress Angie

PostSubject: Through The Glass * 7 *   Through The Glass *COMPLETED* EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 7:30 pm

It had been a week since my fight with my parents. I had to tell the band I was leaving in 6 months and they all seemed really bummed. We were getting 2 days off in the next city we came too and I was grateful. I was still kind of depressed at the whole situation I was in but "hanging out" with the guys and Miranda as well as the plans I was making behind my parents' back seemed to help alot.

"How long till we get to the hotel?" Miranda questioned to no one in particular

"About...." Corey started

"We'll be pulling up in approximately 15 minutes, Little Lady." The driver responded

"Yeah I can take a shower!" She giggled, making us all laugh

That's one thing I don't think I'll ever get used to! It doesn't seem to bother any of the guys, which I guess is to be expected with the male populace, but us girls don't like being all stinky and gross!! As I was thinking over some things that the University had sent for me we pulled up to the hotel. I packed up my laptop and grabbed my bags to follow Corey off the bus. We were invited to lunch but I politely declined saying I had some things to take care of, which was true. As we were standing outside a nice gentleman in a very nice suit came strolling over.

"Savannah Monroe?" He asked

"That depends on who's asking." I retorted defensively

"I'm Daryl Jackson. Your parents hired me as your driver." He stated

"Um, we already have a driver." Corey exclaimed

"Miss Monroe will you please follow me?" Mr. Jackson asked, completely ignoring Corey and his bandmates snickering

"I"ll be right back." I told the group as James took my bags from me

Mr. Jackson escorted me across the parking lot, which at first freaked me out, until we came to a stop in front of a very large, sleek black bus. This thing had to be 2 busses long! I gasped at it making him chuckle.

"They send a message: they're sorry for the fight and wanted you to travel in comfort and style. Shall I give you the grand tour?" Mr. Jackson exclaimed

"This is mine?" I asked in disbelief

"Yes Ma'am. They had it put in your name as well so that if you wanted to redecorate you could." He replied as he opened up the bus door

The first thing I noticed was that all the furniture was black leather. That and the fact that this bus was damned expensive! Flat panel LCD TV's, stainless steel appliances, just to name a few. This was definitely made from the ground up!

Through The Glass *COMPLETED* Floorplan001
(the living room, bedroom)

Through The Glass *COMPLETED* Floorplan002
(the kitchen portion, the living room portion as the "back lounge", the bathroom including the bathtub Very Happy )

It was fairly tastefully decorated even though I knew I'd eventually change it. At least I had a full sized kitchen! And a shower. He asked me if everything was alright and I said it was perfect. He suggested I go do some "grocery shopping" which I kinda freaked out on since I had never cooked before! He chuckled at me and said he never really expected kids like me to know how to cook.

He didn't mean it in a mean way, as he figured I loved the lifestyle I was born into, but he made a very valid point. I couldn't do anything on my own if I were to be out on my own. And my parents expect me to take care of a small child?! Granted back at home we'd have the chef, the maids, and all the other employees that were employed at our mansion. But I was planning on making my escape and I'd eventually need to know how to do this stuff so why not start now?

"Listen, I may not need you just yet." I told him

"Your parents are paying me for the next 6 months regardless." He informed me

"Well I probably won't need you until sometime after that. Is that alright?" I questioned as we deboarded the bus

"It is as you wish, Ma'am. I have other clients I can drive around until you need me. Let me give you my phone number so you may contact me when you wish." He replied as we started typing in our phone numbers into each other's phone

"Thank you so much, Mr. Jackson." I smiled at him, holding out my hand for him to shake

"I'll see you in a few months then." He stated, returning my smile

"Oh, one more thing before we part ways." I stated making him turn around to look at me, "As far as my parents are concerned you're driving me around as they planned. When I contact you in a few months where I go and who I'm with is of the utmost confidentiality."

"I understand Ma'am. Confidentiality is key in this line of work." He stated

I turned to walk back to the hotel. This was absolutely perfect! I had my own bus, although I'm not divulging that information to anyone just yet. No, this was my secret for the time being. At least now I had somewhere to live when I left. My ducks are inevitably lining themselves up in my favor. Which was odd. Perhaps I should hire someone else to drive for me. Something about that guy makes me not want to trust him!
Back to top Go down
Mistress Angie

Mistress Angie

PostSubject: Through The Glass * 8 *   Through The Glass *COMPLETED* EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 7:34 pm

I walked into the hotel and headed straight up to my room. There was some business I had to take care of with the school. I was changing my major and had a better understanding of what I wanted to do. My parents wanted me to run some giant corporation but that just wasn't me. I liked helping people and solving problems, even if I couldn't solve my own. Taking a deep breath I rang the number I had been given.

We chatted for a while and the administrator helped me re-design my course load to do what I wanted. It was still business to a degree but not what my parents expected. That's the biggest "F you" to them I could possibly give them. Twisting what they want me to do into something else, something that I'd actually enjoy. The administrator said that there wasn't too much that had to be changed and that he'd email me all new courses and such as well as sending out the materials I'd need. Thanking him profusely we hung up. This was turning out to be a very productive day!

I sat in my room the rest of the afternoon doing some research. It was to my best interest to know what I was getting myself into as well as learning if and where there was a market for what I was trying to do. I discovered that there were a handful of bands that were very good possibilities and I squeeled with glee. This might actually work! I jumped in suprise when there came a loud knock at my door. Opening up it I found Shawn and James standing there. Being the gracious host, I moved so they could enter.

"What's up?" I questioned, sitting back down on my bed with my laptop

"Just trying to figure out what we want to do this evening." Shawn explained

"I see." I retorted smiling

"What are you up to?" Shawn questioned

"Taking care of some business." I stated, closing my laptop

"You were doing that the other day too!" James laughed

"I can't help it if I have alot of business!!" I laughed with him

"We were thinking of going bowling. Would you care to join us?" Shawn asked

"Who all is 'we'?" I asked, raising my eyebrow at the bald, bearded man

"Probably just us 3. Jon might come to, he's not sure yet. I think everyone else is going to see a movie or something." James replied

"Ah, ok. Sure I'll go." I stated, giving both men a warm smile

We talked about our dinner options and finally decided on calling room service and hanging out in my room until we felt like going. It didn't take long for the mexican food to arrive and I for one couldn't wait to dig in. Enchiladas, tacos, fajitas, OH MY! Drinks had been brought up as well, thanks to my good thinking, and James tipped the delivery boy. As we were getting everything set up there came another knock at my door. Opening it up I found Corey standing there looking.... strange.

"Are you ok, dude?" Shawn questioned as Corey stormed into my room

"Were you even going to tell us?" Corey demanded

"Huh?!" James questioned, obviously confused

Tears sprung to my eyes when I realized he knew.

"Savannah?" Shawn exclaimed, worry tinting his voice

"Well?!" Corey demanded, staring a hole through me

"I'm sorry." I replied, hanging my head so I didn't have to look them in the eye

"What's going on?" James questioned

"She's leaving us in less than 6 months." Corey stated for me

"WHAT?!" Shawn and James simultaneously exclaimed loudly

"Savannah..... you don't have to go." Corey softly stated

"Yes I do. I'm really sorry." I whispered as the vocalist moved to pull me into a tight hug

"Don't let them control you. Be your own person, Savannah. Think for yourself." He whispered in my ear as James and Shawn moved to engulf me in a group hug

"Don't worry about me.... we'll see each other again." I whispered back as I choked back the tears that threatened to fall

Shawn quickly changed the subject and reminded James and I that we had some delicious smelling Mexican food waiting to be eaten. Corey called up Roy and said he was gonna be hanging with us. I'd ordered enough food to feed amlost all of us so he dug in too. Corey sat on the dresser, which made me laugh, while Shawn sat in the one chair and James and I were on the bed. They had me laughing hard at the stories they told me and I realized that these people were the type of people I'd been searching for my whole life. These people were my friends.

Once we were sufficiently "stuffed" as Corey put it we waited a little while to let the food settle before heading out to go bowling. It made me giggle when Corey started talking about playing with his big ball. It WAS funny, you just had to be there! We got our shoes, which were smelly and gross, and found our lane. They were all very gentlemanly and let me go first.

As we played I forgot all about my problems and just enjoyed my time with them. I was determined to make my remaining time with these guys as memorable as possible and I think they felt the same. Someone produced a camera and got some photos of us together. I meant to ask him about it but someone else grabbed my attention and it left my mind. We played until about midnight and then headed back to the hotel. On our way up to our floor we ran into Roy and Miranda. I invited them to my room, which is where the rest of us were headed anyways, and they quickly agreed.

Apparently everyone else was down in one of the hotel's bars playing pool. Corey got Roy up to speed on me and he seemed sad too. I didn't want to go but I had no choice in the matter. With a twinkle in my eye I told the group not to worry and that I was setting some things up. The rest of the night was spent just hanging out, sharing stories, and simply enjoying the company. That's all I wanted.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

\\ FFW 6 MONTHS //

I was leaving today and was really, really sad. The guys had asked me out to breakfast so I got up early to get dressed. My parents weren't home so I dressed in what I wanted. It made me feel sexy and confident. Even Miranda stated that I looked really good in it. I left my hair down and did a kind of smokey eye after getting dressed:

Through The Glass *COMPLETED* HR30621

(the skirt & top) and

Through The Glass *COMPLETED* 10260902

Corey and James were already at the table when I made my way downstairs. Both engulfed me in a tight hug before sitting down. The waitress took my drink order as we waited for everyone else to arrive before ordering food. I never realized how hard it was leaving people you liked. Was this what it was like being connected to other people?! One by one people filtered down to breakfast. Even the other college kids had become close over the last few months. Once everyone had made it downstairs, Corey grabbed their attention.

"We're all really sad to see you leave. We want to stay in touch with you and you'd better keep us up-to-date on what's going on with you!" Corey stated, pointing his index finger at me menacingly but playfully

"We've taken alot of photos the last 6 months. We had this made for you so that you can remember the happy times and not forget us!" Shawn exclaimed, handing me an 8x11 scrapbook

"Savannah, you've become my best friend over the last few months. You've helped us all realize that there is definitely more to life than what our parents shove down our throats and for that we will always be in your debt." Miranda said choking back her tears

"You guys are gonna make me cry!" I chuckled, holding back my own tears

Our food arrived during mine and Miranda's little speech and silence suddenly fell over the table. The anger I felt towards my parents was not soon to go away nor be forgotten. For the first time in my life I felt accepted, wanted, and like I had real friends. I wasn't quite "out of my shell", as Roy so delicately put it, but I was making progress. These guys have taught me more about myself, life, love, friendship, kindness, and belonging than I've ever learned any where else. We were from 2 radically different worlds but they accepted me with open arms. Hopefully one day I'll get the chance to repay their favor.

Shawn, Corey, Miranda, and James were taking me to the airport when it was time and I was dreading it. I didn't want to go, they didn't want me to go, but I had to. For no other reason than for my little brother. He was innocent in all this and I would screw him over to spite my parents. We all sat in the restaraunt until I had to go get my bags. Each and every person gave me a tight hug and I had to keep choking back tears as we did so.

"Ready M'Lady?" James asked, making me laugh

"Aye, my good Sir." I replied, giving my best Scottish accent

Standing at the curbside check in was even harder than saying goodbye at breakfast. This was my last chance to stay. Miranda and I hugged for like 5 minutes and I felt her tears on my exposed shoulder. She had written down her email address that wasn't the school one after pulling out of our hug. The 3 men did the same and made me swear on my Mother's life I'd keep in touch. I gave them my new email address as well and made them promise to send me pictures as often as they could.

"I"m going to miss you all. I'll never be able to thank you for all you've done for me." I said, tears silently sliding down my cheeks

"We'll miss you too Savannah." Corey quietly stated

"Miss? Your flight leaves in 45 minutes. You need to get upstairs." The bagge guy stated

"Thank you." I replied turning back to my 4 friends

I gave them a weak smile before grabbing my carry on and walking into the airport. If I looked back I wouldn't be able to leave and I'd really start crying. Taking a deep breath I just kept walking. My parents had bought me a first class ticket but that didn't make me feel any better. I was leaving the only people I'd ever considered friends behind.
Back to top Go down
Mistress Angie

Mistress Angie

PostSubject: Through The Glass * 9*   Through The Glass *COMPLETED* EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 7:38 pm

A/N: This fic is now done. Most of the really exciting stuff will be in the sequel which can be found in the Slipknot section here: 'Zzyzx Rd.'. This fic is more like the prelude. I hope you enjoy this! For now this link is to the sequel on my board. When I get it posted here I'll update the fic Very Happy

The flight home was excruciating. Mostly because I spent almost the whole time crying. I missed them already. As we started to make our descent I finally pulled myself together. Re-applying my make-up and making sure my hair was ok, I took some deep breaths and calmed myself down. Dominick didn't need to see me like this. He's depending on me to keep him safe.

Henry picked me up from the airport and took me, and all the bags I now had, home. It just didn't feel the same anymore. All I had was the maid, the gardener, and the chef. No nanny, no other help. When I changed my program studies I also changed it so that I could do my studies at home (or anywhere else I so chose to be). Immediately I emailed the guys and Miranda to tell them that I'd made it home ok and that I was already missing them.

My Grandparents had already dropped Dominick off and our chef was watching him till I arrived. So here we were in my room. I still didn't have a bloody clue as to what to do with him. Man this was going to be horrific! Around dinner time we went downstairs to see what was for dinner. Amelie, our chef, was cooking up something special since I just got home and I thanked her. Setting Dominick down to play I began asking her questions about cooking, hoping to learn at least how to do basic stuff.

She was happy to teach me and I was more than grateful for her help. My parents never really took the time to talk to the hired help and I always felt so uncomfortable around them I could only smile sadly and then promptly leave the room. Amelie laughed and said that she usually preferred her bosses to leave her alone but said she would be happy to teach me whatever I wanted to know. I learned a good deal in this one meal. Maybe I won't be so bad after all. Of course I haven't actually tried cooking yet.

Amelie stated that I should enroll Dominick in daycare that way I could do my studies without interuptions as the conversation turned to my parents, Grandparents and why I was home 6 months earlier than expected. I thanked her for the suggestion and asked if she knew of any good places. She told me where some of her friends have their kids enrolled and said that if I dropped her name they would let Dominick in with no questions asked. Man she was brilliant!

The next day I took Dominick to the daycare Amelie suggested. And as she promised I told them she had sent me and they let him in, after all the paperwork crap first naturally. Once I was free of him for the day, I asked Henry to take me to the nearest Barnes and Noble. He nodded and we zoomed off. Just because I don't like this life doesn't mean I'm going to not use the tools that are at my disposal when I need them!

I found some great books on cooking, money management, parenting guides, and some on what I thought would help me in my "career path". Satisfied I had all I needed I headed home. I was still setting things up and wanted to be sure my parents couldn't follow my trail when I left. They weren't going to suffocate me any more!!

A week after getting home I receive a phone call from my Father. They're going to be tied up with work for another 6 months and that they wouldn't be home even if they managed to make it back to town. I faked being happy and said that taking care of Dominick would be no problem and for them to not worry about things at home. He said he appreciated my efforts and then hung up.

Boy were they going to be suprised when they finally did come home! Even after only a week, Dominick was calling me 'Mommy'. It bothered me but then again it didn't. Our own mother wasn't here for either of us and I was the only one he could associate as being his mother. Hell our parents probably didn't even remember his birthday! Sighing as I hung the phone up, I leaned over my desk and looked at a photo of all of the guys with us college kids that had been taken one night when we all went out. Man I looked genuinely happy.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

\\ FFW 9 MONTHS //

"Savannah? You here?" I heard Miranda's younger brother exclaim as he entered the house

"Be right there!" I called back

I was trying to build some actual friends here but it was hard considering everyone knows who I am. Since her brother was a big metal head she sent him over to keep me company. Josh was 17 but was really awesome to hang out with. He introduced me to the likes of Slipknot, Metallica, Motley Crue, Lamb of God, and a few other amazing metal bands.

"What's up mate?" I questioned descending the stairs

"There's a concert about 6 hours from here in a couple weeks. Slipknot, Disturbed, and Linkin Park are playing. Wanna take that bus of yours and head up there? We could follow 'em around for a few weeks!!" Josh excitedly stated, bouncing around

"Um, sure. Sounds like fun!" I grinned at him

"Let's go buy the tickets cuz they'll be sold out before long. Maybe you can get us some front row seats and backstage passes!" He laughed, dragging me upstairs to my room

So an hour later I had indeed got us front row tickets, dead center of the stage to every concert we were going to. Josh was more than excited and if I'd realized what was going to happen at my very first Slipknot concert I probably would have been even more excited than him! I had to make arrangements with the daycare, letting them know Dominick wouldn't be there for about 3 weeks with the possibility of it being longer because we were "going on vacation". I could do all my schoolwork on the road so that was no problem.

I had found a driver that I trusted, after hiring a private investigator and contacting all her references, and then contacted her to let her know I would be needing her in a few weeks. She told me she'd be here and thanked me for the work. Hanging up with her I turned to Josh to let him know that everything was taken care of and we'd be ready to roll when it was time. He suprised me by flinging himself into my arms and hugging me. I laughed heartily as I hugged him back. Silly boy!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Through The Glass *COMPLETED*   Through The Glass *COMPLETED* Empty

Back to top Go down

Through The Glass *COMPLETED*
Page 1 of 1